Ceramic Tile Care Tips
- Don’t replace grout on a tile floor without cleaning lest you should get the wrong color.
- Using proper matting at entrances can dramatically reduce the amount of soil that winds up in the grout lines of a tile floor.
- Keeping a tile floor swept on a daily basis will go a long way toward keeping grout lines clean.
- Grout lines can be sealed. Water-based sealer is removed every time you clean. A solvent-based sealer can last three to five years.
- Brand new tile often needs to be professionally cleaned to remove the grout haze on the surface of the tile. Grout haze is a residue left over from grout being cleaned off the tile.This haze will attract soil and keep the tile from being mopped clean.