Duct Cleaning Tips
- Dust mites living in your duct work can have a significant effect on your health. Some people are far more allergic to dust mites than others, especially those who already have issues with asthma.
Dust mite allergy symptoms caused by inflammation of nasal passages include the following:
- Runny nose
- Itchy, red, or watery eyes
- Nasal congestion
- Itchy nose, roof of mouth or throat
- Postnasal drip
- Facial pressure and pain
- Swollen, blue-colored skin under your eyes
- In a child, frequent upward rubbing of the nose
If your dust mite allergy contributes to asthma, you may also experience the
- Difficulty breathing
- Chest tightness or pain
- An audible whistling or wheezing sound when exhaling
- Trouble sleeping caused by shortness of breath, coughing or wheezing
- Bouts of coughing or wheezing that are worsened by a respiratory virus such as a cold or the flu
- Dryer vent fires cause an estimated 51 deaths, 380 injuries, and $238 million in property damage each year. According to the National Fire Protection Association, there are around 17,000 dryer vent fires each year. Failure to clean the lint screen and the vent are the leading cause of these fires. Roughly 92% of fires involve clothes dryers that have not been sufficiently cleaned.
- An Increased need to dust and increasing amounts of dust are an indication that your duct work needs to be cleaned. If your duct work is dirty, you blow dust into the air every time your HVAC system kicks on.
- Removing all the pollen, mold, dust mites, dirt and debris from your duct work will have everyone in your family and your visitors breathing easier in your home. Allergies can be a very serious issue and should not be taken lightly.
- Regular cleaning and maintenance of your HVAC system will prolong the life and the efficiency of your system. This means breaking down the main unit to clean the blower and the A-coil as well as cleaning the condenser unit on the outside.
- If you have a new home, you need to have your air ducts cleaned unless you have a first-class builder who has already taken care of that for you. New construction is typically as dirty as it gets. Everything under the sun gets swept or thrown down the vents. We find everything from lumber to teddy bears to dead animals in air ducts.
- Just having a detail inspection of your duct work can locate badly needed repairs that are costing you money and comfort.
- Professional duct cleaning can typically be performed in the average home in a single day.